Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 10.5 external call voicemail issue!

Hello everyone,

I found myself in a bit a situation. My setup: CUCM 10.5 + CUC 10.5 over VMware ESXi 5.5

All Voicemail calls with public origin are bing rejected insteand of routing them to the voicemail.

If i place a call extension --> extension the call is routed to the voicemail as it should.

If i place a call public network --> cucm extension exernal phone number  it gets rejected.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

Thats fine. The call with the VM issue is the call made from an external number to an inside extension right ? If so, using DNA like this wont help much as the calls would be coming through a Gateway PRI/SIP.

Could you pls let us know the exact call flow ?

Thanks

Rajan

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Redes,

What is the exact call flow for the external calls ?

Can you check whether the DID number gets converted to internal Voicemail extension if it is needed in your case.

HTH

Rajan 

Hi Rajan,

Thank you for your reply.

This is an example extracted from DNA. A number a mobile phone number B number CUCM extension (attachement).

No what i find odd is the fact that the "VoiceMailBoxNumber" is 2001, the extension instead of the 5600 the voicemail pilot.

Could this be the problem?

I would like to mention that when the calls is internal, extension to extension the routing to the voicemail is made correctly. Also if i place a call to the external phone number i receive it correctly.

But of the extension is forwarded to 5600 (voicemail pilot) the call is being dropped although according to DNA it should be routed.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Alex 

Hi Alex,

Thats fine. The call with the VM issue is the call made from an external number to an inside extension right ? If so, using DNA like this wont help much as the calls would be coming through a Gateway PRI/SIP.

Could you pls let us know the exact call flow ?

Thanks

Rajan

Hi Rajan,

So the problematic scenarios would be: 

- Public Network to our network the call is being routed by an SBC towards call manager - call manager identifies the call as belonging to extension 2001 (in our case) - call gets rejected with 500 Internal Server Error release cause (this call example was traced in the SBC)

Thank you!!

Is the call hitting Unity connection ?

That is a verry good question. 

Unfortunately, up to my knowledges i´m not able to determine that as Cisco RTMT cannot trace calls in CUC as it dows with CUCM.

Could you point me to a method to trace the call in CUC?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I guess, you can check that through port status monitor in UC RTMT. Also check in CUCM traces whether this call is routed to UC.

HTH

Rajan

Hi Rajan,

Just made the test. Apparently when called from public netword to DDI from  it´s not getting to CUC. I also tried calling from internal extension to DDI (everything happens locally) and it does get to CUC and working fine.

I´ve checked the route plans and everything that has to do with external calls and seems to be ok. As proof when the ext is not diverted to voicemail i receive the calls perfectly even if the origin of the call is public network.

Any ideas what could cause this behavior?

Thanks!!!

Regards, 

Alex

Can you check if you have applied the required CSS under Incoming Calls on the Trunk in order to route the calls further down to the CUC Pilot Number. Since, you are able to call from inside fine to CUC the integration does not seem to be the problem, what is the error message BTW

Regards

Deepak

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

CSS of the trunk and the one with the extensions is the same, so theoretically it shouldn´t be a problem.

Regarding the error message. it looks like this (see attachment)

Thank you!

Hmm, cause code 47 so that points towards codec issue. Can you check your region settings all the way through in the call flow and also is MTP enabled on the SIP Trunk or not. If not, then try doing that followed by a reset and then check

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

If you´re refering to the MTP Preferred Originating codec, inside trunk config settings i cannot change it. It´s set to 711uLaw

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot.

Even if it would so normal calls should be also affected.

I have a question. My sound stuip but bare in mind that my last interaction with CUCM was with v 5.1.

So in CUC do i have to create a trunk agains my SBC?

what is the exact road of an external call going to CUCM extension that is diverted to CUC voicemail.

Is the call diverted to the CUC and as i don´t have a trunk that´s why it´s failing?

Thank you!