*we will move to the ucs*

Steps:

Switch version to 8.0.3

Change the security password

Reboot the server

Take backup with the version 8.0.3 and new security password

Then i went to the UCS server and i tried to restore it

Then i recieved the following error

Security password check failed. Security password is different from the  one used for backup or the Encrypted password has been tampered with.  Restore will halt.

BUT I AM 1000% sure that i am typing the correct new security kye

Do you have any idea?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chrysostomos,

Just curious if you tried the "old" security password as well??

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Hi rob

I dont know the old password and this is the reason that i have reset the security password before to take the backup

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi Chrysostomos,

On the same lines as what Rob mentioned, looks like the security password reset didn't go through as you would have wanted it to. I would suggest resetting the password again, taking a backup and trying the restore with the same password.

Regards,
Harmit.

Hi Harmit

i have reset the password 3 times.And all the three times the message was that the security password reset succesfully

one tip: i used the same passowrd for all the times..Is that any issue?

It looks that the password didnt reset it , but the message was that the reset was succesfull

Is any bug with 8.0.3a version??Its very strange

Hi Chrysostomos,

Thanks for sharing the details. Honestly, I've never tried resetting the security password with the same one again, so I dont know whether it should be successful or not :-) As for defects, I couldn't find any which talked about such an issue. I'm sure you must have followed the correct process to reset the security password, but can you describe that process as well? Did you use the pwrecovery process or "set password user" process? Here are links for both:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/os_administration/guide/8xcucosag020.html#wp1053218

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_0_2/cli_ref_802.html#wp156897

See if you can try the other method and see if that helps in any way.

Regards,
Harmit.

Hi

I have used this method

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/os_administration/guide/8xcucosag020.html

Since with the other method you have to know the old  security password