Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Licensing query

ashwincjoshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a query on CUCM 10.5 Licensing. My client wants to remove all Hard phones (Nearly 150) and want to deploy CIPC against each hard phone.

Can I configure both types of phones for all the users for time being even if we do not have licenses to accommodate both Hard and Softphones? Is there any grace period to register more phones than available licenses.

After the successful deployment of CIPC and users's satisfaction, I will delete Hard phones from the system.

Is there any method to assign a CIPC to each Hard phone user without consuming any additional license.

My ultimate goal is to have a seamless deployment of CIPC's to Hard phone users without deleting the hard phones from the system till users confirm their satisfaction with CIPC.

Hope my question is understandable.

Thanks

Ashwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Ashwin,

You will get a grace period on 60 days before going non-compliance. You can utilize that period to test and delete the phones without any issues.

Regarding license part, if you associate same end user with both hard phone and CIPC, you can reduce the license consumption to an extent but still it will be more than the current utilization with the hard phones alone.

HTH

Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark as accepted solution wherever applicable

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Ashwin,

You will get a grace period on 60 days before going non-compliance. You can utilize that period to test and delete the phones without any issues.

Regarding license part, if you associate same end user with both hard phone and CIPC, you can reduce the license consumption to an extent but still it will be more than the current utilization with the hard phones alone.

HTH

Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark as accepted solution wherever applicable