Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 intercom or paging to multiple phones

Cisco119101
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried doing some research here and via the following guide: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_0_1/featureConfig/cucm_b_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1201/cucm_b_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1201_chapter_011000.html#CUCM_TK_I004F101_00

Intercom appears to be a 1 to 1 device solution only, (hoping I am wrong here) but we are looking for our users to have the ability to page all phones within their specific location SiteA - SiteB etc... I did manage to find a post from 2017 stating this was not possible but I figured I would ask again seeing as it is 2019. If it is indeed still not possible with CUCM 12.5 is there a third party solution I can look into? This was a pretty heavily used feature of our locations with our old phone system.

Thank you,

C

3 Replies 3

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Intercom is 1:1.

Look to InformaCast. It works well for what you are looking for. I have used it before at another company and it is pretty solid.

Just be aware that depending on the size of the paging groups you want, you might need to buy the pro version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Free edition of Informcast allows you to page up to 50 phones per group.  Anything more than that requires licensed version, for which SingleWire (developer of InformaCast) is recommending their IC Fusion these days, a hybrid hosted and on-prem solution. 

There are other 3rd party solutions as well, but IC is definitely a great product.  Keep in mind you will need multicast enabled for paging to work, SingleWire has paging gateway product if you need to page over WAN where multicast may not be available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: