Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 License Smart Reservation

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am stuck in some issue here, CUCM 12.5 had 164- 8865 phones and 316-7821 phones registered,  I did smart license reservation and installed 1200 enhance licenses, after that 164 devices are showing licensed and authorized but 316 basic licenses are showing not authorized which means 7821 phones are not using that enhance license, but I have read and also seen that 7821 would take enhanced license when available.

kindly support me in solving this

32 Replies 32

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is explained in the documentation

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_01011011.html

Note 

License borrowing from a higher tier does not happen automatically when a Specific License Reservation is enabled on Unified Communications Manager. License Reservation has to be updated manually to the Unified Communications Manager license consumption/usage

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so it means we have to do it whilst reserving it on cisco.com based on the type of models we have in our setup, it will not take automatically

hopefully i can try to return the license tomorrow and try to reserve based on number of basic and enhanced phones we have.

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everybody for you kind support and inputs, the main issue is resolved by reserving licenses based on tier level in cisco smart account license reservation.

The other issue of "Agent is not enabled.", is resolved by Cisco TAC engineer by taking Root access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: