Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.3 Verint / Wittness/CybertechCall recorder association

simonmossman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can someone please inform of any config steps (if any) in the CUCM when integrating with a call recorder such as Verint or Cybertech. I assume a need to set up a CTI port etc for this? I seem to rcall that they can work independantly of the CUCM.

Many thanks

8 Replies 8

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Nowadays there are 2 techniques recorders use to capture audio from IPT:

1) SPAN based: This is passive recording based on packet sniffing from IP phone ports or gateway ports and mirroring to recorder interface. Using this technique the recorders get hold of calls without intrusion and can feed their system database with CUCM data independently. No config is generally required for this configuration.

2) DMS based: This is new technique in which the recorder is integrated with CUCM using JTAPI & SIP and certain configurations need to be performed. This is active recording wherein the CUCM instructs the phone to send a duplicate RTP stream to the recorder to enable recording

Since SPAN is not used and communications are at L3, this is more scalable solution.

Thanks Pratik the information was valuable but I was looking more for the

config steps within the CUCM to support the 2nd option mentioned

DMS.

Thks again as your help welcome

stafford.slater
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

To expand on Pratiks good reponse please see the attache files. Due to the limitations of SPAN/RSPAN I would highly recommend using DMS. I have experienced many issues with deployments that are using SPAN/RSPAN in reality it was never designed for voice recording.

Sorry trying to attach two .docx documents but for some reason they won't upload, if you want a Verint perspective and Cisco config guide email me.

Kind regards

Stafford

Fantastic doc Stafford much appreciated

Can you mail me the Witness?Verint option to my personal mail...... simonm4@hotmail.co.uk ?

Thanks again

Simon

stafford.slater
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Simon,

Please see attached document for Cybertechs Cisco active recording solution, as you can see it is almost identical steps to the Redbox Cisco Active installation document.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Stafford

Hi.

My recording system is AUDIOLOG by Verint.

Any of yours have the documentation for integrated them with CUCM 7.x?

Regards

Hi

No sorry I do not have anything for 7

Hello,

Do you any pdf or doc on Verint Audiologger with CUCM 6.1.3?

Have searched their website for the integration stuffs,but is not available.Could ou please help.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: