cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 Prepend 91 to incoming calls from PSTN...Single Number Reach digit manipulation

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 7.1.5 with H323 gateways.

I have Single Number Reach enabled for several users and it works fine.

Today I decided to prepend 91 to incoming calls from the PSTN at the H323 gateway level in CUCM.

Incoming calls get 91 prepended no problem and it's great to be able to dial calls from the MISSED CALLS and RECEIVED CALLS lists by just using the DIAL softkey.

The problem now is that for SNR users their cell phones show 91 prepended to the call as well and they cannot dial back from their cell phone.

Is there any way to make it so SNR users don't see the 91 prepended on their cell phones but 91 is still prepended for incoming calls from the PSTN?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could setup a voice translation rule on the H.323 GW that removes the prefixed 91 or use a calling party transformation pattern in CUCM that removes 91 from the calling number. I would recommend to do it on the H.323 GW, because it's easier to troubleshoot.

The rule might look something similar to this.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^91\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile REMOVE-PREFIX
translate calling 1

Attach it to either dial peer or voice port in the outgoing direction with this command.

voice translation-profile out REMOVE-PREFIX

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Could you please expand on how the users see the 91 prepended on their cell phone? Is that on their call menu? Are they using Jabber or some app that gives them access to the corp directory?

I'm not sure if I can picture where is the 91 giving problems to SNR users.

Ideally you could use Calling Party transformation mask to "Strip" the 91 from the presentation layer, and that might fix your issue, but I need to understand this a little better.

Hi Robert,

The calling party number that is presented is the same for the SNR user deskphone and cell phone.

So without the 91 prepended to incoming calls the SNR user sees the 10 digit number on their desk and on their cell... ex: 555 123 4567

In this case they have to EDIT DIAL to call back from the desk phone but from the cell phone they can just call back to the calling party number from their cell phone menu.

CUCM is acting as a redirect so the call rings at the users DESKPHONE and cell phone at pretty much the same time although the desk phone rings first as there is more processing to get to SNR call to the cell phone.

The SNR call has to go from CUCM to H323 GATEWAY to PSTN to SNR cell phone.

With the 91 prepended the SNR user deskphone and cell phone see 91 555 123 4567.

This fails on the cell network when you try to call it back...but it works from the SNR user desk phone just by pressing the DIAL softkey since 91+10 digits is valid for our internal dial plan.

In the bigger picture it is really nice for all corporate users to not have to use EDIT DIAL to call people back from their desk phone.

There are only about 20 SNR users out of our whole company so I if can remove the 91 when CUCM redirects the call to the SNR user cell phones that would be great.

Otherwise I will have to disable either the 91 prepending or disable SNR...but I know SNR will win out.

You could setup a voice translation rule on the H.323 GW that removes the prefixed 91 or use a calling party transformation pattern in CUCM that removes 91 from the calling number. I would recommend to do it on the H.323 GW, because it's easier to troubleshoot.

The rule might look something similar to this.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^91\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile REMOVE-PREFIX
translate calling 1

Attach it to either dial peer or voice port in the outgoing direction with this command.

voice translation-profile out REMOVE-PREFIX

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Response Signature

Roger,

Right on that was my initial thought that it could be done on the H323 gateway so I will work on it there.
Thanks for your example.

I wanted to see what other options might work as well.

Both yourself and Robert mentioned calling party transformation in CUCM.

I will look into that too.

Roger I tested your solution on the H323 gateway and it worked very well.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Thank you for the nice rating.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: