cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 LDAP Integration with Microsoft AD

gear53x11
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help? I am having difficulties populating my end user database in CUCM 7.1 with AD accounts that I want. Here is my dilemma.

I can configure my LDAP Directory settings within CUCM 7.1 with the follow Required Field...

DC=COMPANY,DC=NAME,DC=INC

This works. My active end user list will be populated with all of the AD objects. However, this includes a lot of accounts I do not want to show up.

Now, from one of my domain controllers I can create a query that returns only users who have any value in their ipPhone account attribute. It looks like this...

(&(objectCategory=user)(ipPhone=*))

Is there anyway to combine these search criterias in CUCM 7.1 so my end user list is populated from my company's AD with only the accounts I want?

30 Replies 30

Hi

Those fields all exist in the 'enduser' table in the CCM DB.

If you are writing a custom directory (which you must do if you want to modify the standard directory, and don't wish to purchase a directory app off-the-shelf) then you have two options:

- Base it on the CCM DB - in this case you'll access the 'mobile' column as you would access the 'firstname' or any other column

- Base it on LDAP directly - in this case you can access any AD attributes you like

Personally I would integrate to LDAP directly - it's not difficult, and LDAP is designed for this kind of function so it generally outperforms reads of the CCM DB which you would want to cache/store in your app to good performance. It would also alllow you to access any other information in AD (further numbers, personal information, pictures if you have them).

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!