cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.X and MGCP VG20X: is SRST possible?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a CUCM 7.X cluster and we would like to configure some VG20X by using MGCP as a signaling portocol.

Our question is the following: is SRST possible in this scenario?

If yes, what coud be a possible configuration example, both CUCM and VG20X side?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's not possible.

Cisco Unified SRST 8.5 Supported Firmware,  Platforms, Memory, and Voice Products

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs85spc.html

They're only supported if using SCCP FW 15.1(3)T

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear javalenc,

thanks for your answer.

But meanwhile I have found this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps2250/ps5516/product_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

where it is stated that:

"High Availability: Customers will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure. Cisco 112-FXS Bundle, Cisco VG 224, Cisco VG 204 and Cisco VG 202 have built-in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) failover to an H.323 connection to a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) router. This failover will maintain voice service for analog endpoints in the event of WAN link failure and lost connectivity to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager".

Is there anyone that could explain to me how this failover works and what are the configuration steps (on CUCM, VG20X and SRST router) to obtain it?

Thanks and regards.

Hi

I believe you have a VG20X VoiceGateway is controlled by your CUCM 7.X using MGCP Protocol.

And your question is if this MGCP connection failed or down, The Phones which are connected in the VG20X into a SRST Mode.??

If that is the question,i believe it is possible..

MGCP can Fallback to H323 or SIP, provided you should be having dial-peers configured in the VG20X.

Configuration on VG20X Gateway:

MGCP FALL BACK command to pick up alternate signalling (h323 or sip)

(config)#call application alternate default (whereas default is H323)

Command to bring the VG20X in SRST Mode:
(Config)#call-manager-fallback
(config-cm-fallback)# max-ephones 10 (Number of phones which are in Remote Site, connected to VG20X)
(config-cm-fallback)# max-dn 10 (Number of DN's)
(config-cm-fallback)#ip source-address X.X.X.X  (Source address for your phones to register in SRST)

Configuration on CUCM :

After all this you got to add a SRST Reference in CUCM with the IP X.X.X.X on VG20X.

Do let me know if i am wrong somewhere...