cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5. Change of IP or Cluster Rebuild?

Tim Dooley
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at virtulizing my CUCM Cluster and with it a change of IP address.

Currently I'm think of building virtual subs and doing a change of IP address for the publisher.

Would it be easier/cleaner to just build a new cluster (all virtual) and migrate all my phones, users, EM profiles and everthing else? If so how would I go about this? and what problems am I likely to encounter.

I also have Unity Connection 8 and UCCX integrated with CUCM.      

Thank you all in advance.

Tim      

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

change in IP address of Publisher would require corresponding change in UCXN and UCCX servers.

Further what is amount of configuration u have done in CCM like number of users, their EM profiles and VM boxes.

If you are using LDAP, then, it would be good if u rebuild the clusters. Even if u take the backup from old servers and then, build  Virtual servers , then, restore on Virtual servers, would again require change in IP address.

regds,

aman

Thank you aman,

I had a feeling that would be the case. If we just stand up a 2nd cluster how would we get the phones to talk to the new cluster. we are using ITL files but not CTL files.

We have quiet a lot of configuration in the EM profiles and user profiles, the phones are mostly just login/logout phones with a few fixed numbers.

Regards, Tim

Hi Tim,

I have never practically done but the below link would help u.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31829

regds,

aman