Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 SFTP version

jalmanza_82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a CUCM 8.5 cluster and I configured the Disaster Recovery System Network Backup Device and configured the schedule , and it works just fine , but there are a couple of doubts that are bothering me :

1) Why does CUCM create just one backup file, and every backup, it changes the name ?  Does the cucm automatically erases the older backup from the sftp server?

2) Maybe this one does not have to do with anything above, but it is about SFTP; I configured the CUCM to send the CDRs to the same SFTP server above, but it didnt work until the customer changed the version of the SSH, he changed from version 2 to version 1 (the customer used for sftp server a linux server with openSSH) so here is the question:

What version of SFTP (ssh) does the CUCM8.5 use for Backups and CDRs, are they different from each other?

I searched for information regarding this topic , but I didnt find anything , I will appreciate all the help, you guys, can provide.

Thanks

Joel

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) CUCM can keep a number of backup sets on the server. If I recall correctly you configure this when you add the backup device (i.e. the server). It has a box something like 'Number of backups to keep on network directory'.

2) Not sure - it does seem feasible that some commands on CCM use v1; might explain (for example) why I can never get the 'file get' CLI command to work with my windows SFTP programs :-)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!