Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 Issues with locations

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have an solution with CUCM 8.6.2 and 45 sites more or less. In this moment he is trying problem with 05 sites. When the user that is in Matrix try call another site hear the message: voip congestioned. I verified the location configuration for this sites and is Ok. I would like know that log about RTMT is indicated to verify this problem.

Thanks,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Enabling the parameter could increase the CPU utilization owing to the extra info being collected and written in traces but shouldn't effect call processing. Nothing of that sort is mentioned in the parameter description. I would say enable it on-demand i.e. for the time you are troubleshooting the issue. You can always turn it off if you see high CPU / performance issues.

Detailed CCM trace will have the location traces once the parameter is turned on.

Here is a good doc

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

-Atul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Atul Gaba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to set - 'Locations Trace Details Enabled' - service parameter to True.

Then the call manager traces will have info about the locations.

-Atul

Hi Atul,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. I have two questions:

1) What is impact in CPU CUCM if this parameters is enable?

2) That log in RTMT is need to set to capture this packets?

Thanks,

Wilson

Enabling the parameter could increase the CPU utilization owing to the extra info being collected and written in traces but shouldn't effect call processing. Nothing of that sort is mentioned in the parameter description. I would say enable it on-demand i.e. for the time you are troubleshooting the issue. You can always turn it off if you see high CPU / performance issues.

Detailed CCM trace will have the location traces once the parameter is turned on.

Here is a good doc

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

-Atul

Hi Atul,

Thanks a lot for Your recommendations. I will rate, Ok.

Wilson