Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 can't get inbound and outbound calls

Hi everyone. We have cisco CUCM 8.6 and C2951 router for gateway. We also have E1 for the telco line. It worked perfectly before. But now it can't call outside from the CUCM and also can't call from outside to CUCM. When i call to CUCM main number (telco number) it tells "The number you dialed doesn't dxist". What can i do right now? Where can i start? Could you guys please help

Thanks in advance,

32 Replies 32

Hi Fuko,

I think It can receive calls from outside and can't transfer it to CUCM. Also it can't receive any calls from inside of the CUCM side. So where can i start to fix this problem. If you know anything that can help please share. Thanks

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

simply adding no digit strip or forward digit all will do under this dial-peer, since it telco has 70117676, it match destination patter with number 7011T and strip explict match and send reset digit to far end (ie telco).

dial-peer voice 11 pots

trunkgroup dealer

destination-pattern 7011T

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

i just changed the dial-peer to destination-pattern 07011T as fuko said. But it's still same. So how can i change this dial-peer? Could you guys please describe step by step.

Thanks for your kind support

Also there is still can't call outside (from the CUCM). Do you think this dial-peer causes this?

I suppose to you want 70117676 reach a cucm extension, at this moment, it seems dial-peer 11 is matched and call is forwarded again to PSTN.

Modify dial-peer 11, both options provided are valid.

disable debugs with undebug all

enable debug ccsip messa

make a call from pstn side

check if sip signaling is displayed and disconnetion cause

check config in cucm side.

how did you configure the gw?

as sip trunk or a sip gw?

As i mentioned before, check incoming calling search spaces

for outbound call to PSTN, having said that it matches this dial peer 11 and strip first 4 digit and send 7676 to Telco and where Telco does not have this number, this could be the reason you are getting unallocated and unassigned number.

dial-peer voice 11 pots

trunkgroup dealer

no digit-strip or forward digit all   will work in this sceanrio

make this change and test the call.

Br,
Nadeem 

Tried that. But it we got another answer from Telco. Before we changed it Telco says unassigned number. But now it says number you dialed can not be reached at the moment (out of service area or shut down). Just for remainder when we call 70117676 it must connect trunk group main. but dial-peer 11 is for trunk-group dealer.

Ok perfect, which mean now calls are hitting to PSTN but to the wrong one. as per th configuration you do not have any dial-peer which pointing out to trunkgroup main.

are you using this dial-peer which is point to trunkgroup dealer for any calls for destination 7011T if not you can change it

dial-peer voice 11 pots

trunkgroup dealer ======> trunkgroup main (and make a test)

no digit-strip

or other way would be create another

dial-peer voice XXX pots

trunkgroup main

destination-patter 70117T

no digit-strip

that will also do

Br,
Nadeem 

Dear Nadeem,

I just changed dial-peer voice 11 pots to trunk group main. But it is still same.

I also tried to delete dial-peer 11 pots. But it still says that :

number you dialed can not be reached at the moment

Hi Ayushjav,

Can you share the latest running config of GW ? As rightly said by Nadeem, you are getting disconnect from PSTN for outgoing calls. You are sending called number as 7676 to PSTN.. I think you need to check with PSTN what number do they expect (like 7 digits, 10 digits) and according to that we need to change the dial-peer?

For incoming calls, you can collect below debugs:

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

Regards,

Piyush

hi Piyush Jain,

Here is latest sh run for our router.

which is the cucm ip addres?

Dear Fuko,

Very thanks to you for helping me. We restarted the CUCM and it works perfectly. So it is not any configuration related error. But I still don't know what causes this kind of problem. So could you please tell me why it works fine after only restart?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: