Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 can't receive and place a call to specific gateway

Dear all. We have cisco CUCM 8.6 and C2951 router for GW. It was working perfectly before. But today when i call from outside to CUCM, it says "Number you have dialed not exist" (unallocated and unassigned number). But Telco says there are no problem on their side. So after we restarted the CUCM, it works fine again. Now i want to know what causes this kind of problem on CUCM. Could you guys please explain me possible causes.

Attachment is the debug isdn q931 and gateway router config file.

[calling number is '94990125' and called number is 70117676 (it's telco number for our cucm).]

Thanks,

Ayush

3 Replies 3

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ayush,

debug shows that the called number that you were sending was "7676" which i think should be 7 digit and that's why your call was disconnected from PSTN side with cause code "Unallocated number".

I hope that you didn't made any change in router configuration because in router your pots dial-peer which is being matched to send outgoing call does not have "no digit strip" and because of which your prefix 7011 is beind discarded.

If in future again you receive such issue then before restarting CUCM, troubleshoot problem with some basic checking i.e

1). Check the called number you receive from CUCM by using "debug voice ccapi ind 2".

2). If called number and incoming dial-peeer is correct then check which outgoind dial-peer is selected.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

Really thanks for your response. But i need to report to our bosses about the issue. So i have to include its solution in my report. Now we know what causes this kind of problem. But i can't get the exact solution for this. Could you please tell me solution that might help if anything goes wrong again.

Thanks,

Ayush

If the problem was regarding router configuration then it's a subject of man made error and it's a part of network and i think your boss will also understand this.

If this issue occurs again then first thing you have to look out with the configuration part whether any modification happened or not and which will help you to report your boss even.

The reason being i told you to look for configuration modification is because your things were working perfectly and it suddenly stopped or the second reason could be you are hitting through some bug if this issue happens frequently.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia