Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 - CIPC that not in use

Homecredit_KZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I know may be i am sking this question again. But i didnt get any meaningful response so far.

The problem is that we are using CUCM 8.6 at our company. And about 3000+ license.

Now we are facing with licence get limit. Most of the licenses are using by CIPC (IP Communicator)

My question is how can i get info from CUCM 8.6 about the old CIPC that are not using any more.

So i can bravely delete them and free some pc. of licenses.

All installation of CUCM 8.6 were made by previous network admin and i got this situation as a legacy.

So i am little confused.

+ i have tried CUCM/CAR - CDR,CMR 

Any helpful answers will be high appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

there is no easy way that you can pull a report and find this information, you can use RTMT to do a device search:

RTMT : Callmanager---> device--->  Device Search---> Open Device Search ---> Phone.

it will be a lot of work though,  I am not aware of another way to find what you want

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also weed out DNs from those CIPCs that you DO NOT see in the CAR reports, but as Dennis mentioned, there's no easy way to do this.

CUCM 12 now does provide the last registration and last activity fields in the device page, but it also depends on which is your definition of "not in use"

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate