cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 Creating a anonymous hotline

jamesernest
Level 1
Level 1

I work for local government and have a department that needs a compliance hotline for the public to make complaints etc. The catch is that it has to be anonymous per state requirements. I cant seem to figure out how to make it so that the incoming callers ID doesn't make it to the call taker on our system, and that if it goes to vmail it doesn't have the call ID show on the message.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My first guess is that you aren't actually hitting the translation pattern you created.  No you don't necessarily need to create a new partition, but as always, it depends on your setup.  For simplicity I would keep the translation pattern in the same partition as the Directory Number (DN) that you are using now. 

The main question is where does this hotline number ring to today? Does it hit a CTI route point, does it ring to a DN on a phone, does it hit a Hunt Pilot, etc.  Whatever this number is, that is the DN/number and partition where you need to create your Translation Pattern in.  For good measure, I personally always change the "Called Party Transform Mask" to a new location so I KNOW that the translation pattern is being hit, b/c it will then be redirected to a new DN.  Then, just change where your call ends up today to this new target location. 

For example:

Say your hotline number is 5551212 and you are only looking at the last four digits today, so you have a four digit numbering plan, in this case the end Hunt Pilot is x1212.

Create a new translation pattern for 1212 in your regular DN partition and st the Calling Search Space to whatever your phones use. This translation pattern will change the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to  0000000000 to hide the original caller's number. It will also change the "Called Party Transform Mask" to a new location.  This can be your desk phone's DN for testing purposes, or it can be the hunt pilot number. Of course it cannot be the existing pilot of 1212 b/c then you would have two "devices" in the same partition with the same DN which isn't allowed.  So change the translation pattern's "Called Party Transform Mask" to point to a new DN, say 7777 and change the Hunt Pilot to 7777 as well (from 1212). This way you KNOW incoming calls are hitting your newly created translation pattern b/c they are landing on your new Hunt Pilot of 7777.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this a number of ways.  You can do it on the Gateway or in CUCM. On the gateway you could add the following commands do you dial-peer or create a voice-translation rule to strip/change the caller ID

clid strip name
 clid strip

On the CUCM side, you can route this inbound number to a translation pattern and then go to the "Calling Party Transformations" section and change the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to whatever you would like (a fake number for example 8885551212)

I extremely appreciate your response!!!! Im trying to do it on the cucm side. Do I need to create a separate partition? I might be over complicating this. I can send some screenshots if it helps. I made a translation pattern in the of my 7 digit number, did calling party transformation mask of 5551212, left calling line and calling name as default, and it still shows my cell number when I call my desk.

My first guess is that you aren't actually hitting the translation pattern you created.  No you don't necessarily need to create a new partition, but as always, it depends on your setup.  For simplicity I would keep the translation pattern in the same partition as the Directory Number (DN) that you are using now. 

The main question is where does this hotline number ring to today? Does it hit a CTI route point, does it ring to a DN on a phone, does it hit a Hunt Pilot, etc.  Whatever this number is, that is the DN/number and partition where you need to create your Translation Pattern in.  For good measure, I personally always change the "Called Party Transform Mask" to a new location so I KNOW that the translation pattern is being hit, b/c it will then be redirected to a new DN.  Then, just change where your call ends up today to this new target location. 

For example:

Say your hotline number is 5551212 and you are only looking at the last four digits today, so you have a four digit numbering plan, in this case the end Hunt Pilot is x1212.

Create a new translation pattern for 1212 in your regular DN partition and st the Calling Search Space to whatever your phones use. This translation pattern will change the "Calling Party Transform Mask" to  0000000000 to hide the original caller's number. It will also change the "Called Party Transform Mask" to a new location.  This can be your desk phone's DN for testing purposes, or it can be the hunt pilot number. Of course it cannot be the existing pilot of 1212 b/c then you would have two "devices" in the same partition with the same DN which isn't allowed.  So change the translation pattern's "Called Party Transform Mask" to point to a new DN, say 7777 and change the Hunt Pilot to 7777 as well (from 1212). This way you KNOW incoming calls are hitting your newly created translation pattern b/c they are landing on your new Hunt Pilot of 7777.

you are correct sir.I did get that error. That makes more sense! I will attempt that now

that worked prefect!!!! Thank you!!!

After reading your response again I'm certain you aren't hitting your translation pattern b/c if you set it to your DN that is in use you would have gotten the following error

"Add failed. Cannot insert or update pattern. A DN exists with the same pattern and partition."