Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 PSTN MOH issue

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We are running a CUCM 8 cluster and have a cisco 2811 that is taking care of sip trunk connectivity for PSTN access.

The 2811 is also our MTP,CFB and Xcoder.

Whenever we put an inbound or outbound PSTN call on hold, there is silence. Internal calls have no issues with MOH.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jeroen

23 Replies 23

Hi,

OK, I have enabled the software MTP now in the MRG and removed the hardware MTP.

Now it is working.

Can you share the bug ID?

Is there a fix in a different IOS?

Thanks,

Jeroen

If that did correct it, it's pretty obvious a MTP is in use. I will have to research to find the bug ID if you are indeed hitting this.But I remember that the the fix was actually a downgrade of the gw IOS.

Hi,

Did you find a bug ID and a fix?

I having the exact same issue with a 3945 running 15.0(1)M4 as a H323 gateway on CUCM 8.5(1). Enabling the MTP has fixed the issue.

The external connection is via E1 QSIG link that users were not hearing the MoH.

You shouldn't need MTPs required with SIP to SIP CUBE for anything.

I'd get 'debug ccsip all' during a hold scenario, to see what is occuring with the SIP signaling on the CUBE.  You may want to open a TAC SR for the CUBE here.

Hi Steven,

If I do not enable the MTP on the SIP trunk in CUCM, and I put the call on hold, something strange happens.

For a IP communicator, moh and resume still works but the music that is playing is different then the one we're used to (it is also streamed from a different node).

Hardphones (both sccp and SIP) can put the call on hold but no moh is played and the call cannot be resumed.

Rgds,

Jeroen

Howdy,

Could you try to disable the MTP and from the gateway do a 'no ip cef'...You may be hitting a known bug in the 15.X train.

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi steven,

The difference between the softphone and the hardphone was that they were using different sip trunk providers. So it seems one of the 2 providers does require an mtp for moh to work.

Rgds,

Jeroen

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I used no MTP , at the sip trunk in the CUCM, then 

on GW 

Voice service voip

sip

midcall-signaling block 

and moh starts

CCIE-Collaboration #24527

This solution actually worked correctly for me.  Had the latest IOS with Level 3 carrier SIP Trunks.  

NO need to use MTP at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: