Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.0.1 to 9.1.2 upgrade Licenses issue

thilinar8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i upgraded CUCM version from 9.0.1.10000-37 to 9.1.2.13900-10  

before upgrade i didn't have any licensing issues and i had almost 100 spare licenses too:

But, after upgrade i got licenses issue and ELM shows there are some unsupported licenses:

CUWL-STD and Enhanced Plus licenses some Base Licenses were missing

how to fix this...

will this fix if i rehost old licenses ?????? ((attached is the screen shot when i try to re host through Cisco site)

please help

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were several changes to the licensing between 9.0 and 9.1, I recommend you engage with licensing so they can assist you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply...........

i had contacted cisco Licensing Team and initial response was not good: they asking me to buy licenses as they can't find particular licenses (Enhanced Plus or CUWL STD user licenses)  under the server..$^^$%&

before upgrade we didnt had any issues: the only issue is there were 9.0 UCL and those not moved to 9.1 server with upgrade:

please advise

[+5] to Terry for sharing his views.

From CUCM version 9.1(1a), extension mobility  has been removed as licensed user feature .Prior to these version , it was licensed.

But Devices with EM enabled still require the Device license based on Device type.

reds,

aman

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes Jaime is correct +5. There were licensing changes from 9.0 to 9.1(1) and onwards. Engage licensing team: licensing@cisco.com to sort out your licensing.

Refer to below: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91_chapter_0100.html#CUCM_RF_S98968C3_00

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks for the reply...........

i had contacted cisco Licensing Team and initial response was not good: they asking me to buy licenses as they can't find particular licenses (Enhanced Plus or CUWL STD user licenses)  under the server..$^^$%&

before upgrade we didnt had any issues: the only issue is there were 9.0 UCL and those not moved to 9.1 server with upgrade:

please advise

Piotr Gorka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have similar issue.

After upgrade license from 8.6 to 10.5 I lost  CUWL_STD license ;/

Please tell me is it possible migrate some UCL license to CUWL Standard after migrate DLU to UCL

Best Regards,

Hi Gorka,

Did u run LCU prior to upgrading 8.6 to 10.5 ?From there, u can get the clear picture of what exactly u were supposed to get after doing this upgradation.

secondly,your second query says  converting UCL licenses to CUWL standard when u do upgradation.If it is so, then, u need to purchase Migration licenses.

regds,

aman

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Just adding to others point:

Whenever you have any issues with Cisco Licensing, make sure you have the Sales Order Number or in Cisco circles known as SO No.

This is one silver bullet, which can locate all the resources about a given customer and once the customer is located, they can locate all the previous orders of the same customer.

I will recommend you to get in touch with your Accounts / Finance Team and get that SO Number out (any Cisco UC order will be fine) more over, every single item ever shipped from Cisco to any customer has it on even the Packaging Slip, so you virtually you may just want to locate any box (Voice Gateway / UCS Box / even bulk ordered Phone Boxes) and locate the SO Number and give that number to the Licensing Team, esp when they say they cannot locate the previous licenses.

HTH

Yes, I was dealing with Licensing Team and they said they can't find any CUWL Licensing entitlement for my Server: As them, we don't have any SO/PO reg. those Licenses: Yes, that's true, because we were using CUCM 9.0 and we never wanted CUWL-STD or Enhanced Plus: because 9.0 doesn't support those:

After several discussions/Webex: Nothing much happen regarding my missing licenses: So, i did a full testing

01-install CUCM 9.0 on two test servers and asked cisco Licensing to Provide different types of licensing: once i installed Temp Licenses on Test server, upgraded to 9.1

what i found was

1- when we have CUWL_premium 9.0 (there was no Enhanced 9.0 in system) installed on CUCM 9.0---> after upgrade those licenses were recognized as CWUL-STD in CUCM 9.1

2- When we have Enhanced 9.0 (there was no CUWL_Premium 9.0 in system)  installed on CUCM 9.0 ----> Afterr upgrade those licenses were not detected in CUCM 9.1 and ELM was giving unsupported licenses error

3- when we have Enhanced 9.0 and CUWL_Premium 9.0 installed ---> after upgrade CUWL Premium just detected as CUWL_premium, but ELM couldn't access/use those  licenses: Also, Enahnced 9.0 Licenses went away with ELM Error:

when i installed CUWL_STD licenses in CUCM 9.0 version, ELM detected those and not utilized for CUWL Features: i was trying to add CUWL features for users, But CUCM didn't directly gone to CUWL_Premium  instead of CUWL_STD and given a insufficient licensing error:

when i discussed with Licensing team, they said it could be ELM bug; but, he can't issue required licenses as we don't have purchased CUWL_STD and Enahcned_Plus licenses:

***********That is the current situation and very disappointed: the only mistake i did was, didn't take screenshot of the ELM Licensing thing before upgrade to 9.1 : becuase, i was following Cisco doc and its says minor upgrade currently trying to find a solution**************

I have ELM_Backup file taken before upgrade: is there a way i could crack it and get details???

Any suggestions guys!!!!!!!!!1