Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28 BE6000 and SPA-303G1 Phones

sporrasa1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I just started at a new job and they own a BE6000 with CUCM and they bought spa-303g1 phones. I was told that this phones are not compatible.

My question is, are they compatible?

How do you configure them? 

I usually activate the autoregistration and any new phone will register and then I would start the configurations.

This phones will not register and the screen only shows "Downloading XMLDefault.cnf.xml"

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, they're not compatible, those are SMB phones, you can find this by simply reviewing the list of devices when you try to add a new phone, they won't be there.

Those are considered SIP 3rd party devices if you want to use them with CUCM, the admin guide has an appendix for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, they're not compatible, those are SMB phones, you can find this by simply reviewing the list of devices when you try to add a new phone, they won't be there.

Those are considered SIP 3rd party devices if you want to use them with CUCM, the admin guide has an appendix for that.

HTH

java

Thanks for your help, I was able to configure them.

The only problem now is that I use Forced Authorization Codes and this phone does not seem to work with it.

Do yo know if there is a solution?

Thanks.

Are you sure that this phone has access to the particular route you are trying to egress?

Yes it does, when I dial it should pop a message and ask for the authorization code but it does not.

I am not sure that FAC is supported with third party SIP phones. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12268166/fac-support-non-cisco-sip-phones

Jaime or Brandon,

Do you know what the cisco document would be that states this offically?

They don't work, but I don't think there's a doc that says so.

HTH

java

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can find a list of compatible phones for CUCM 9.X here

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet

These phones are meant for UC500 small business.

I would RMA them and pick out a suitable replacement from list of phones supported from the link above.

I would also suggest engaging a Cisco Account Rep or Cisco Partner to assist with ordering the replacements to ensure you are getting the proper licensing along with the phone.