cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.2 unable to login to Disaster Recovery or OS Admin

DavidAvery
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco Network Admin retired and I'm trying to pick up the pieces he left behind. We have a CUCM 9.1.2 with virtual publisher and a virtual subscriber, and I'm trying to figure out two things, how to login to Disaster Recovery and get our backups working again (they stopped not long after he retired and nothing changed they just stopped working and now I can't access the Web Gui)

The second is the OS Admin to shutdown the systems gracefully for our upcomming UPS maintenance. Being Virtual I can of course just snapshot and power off the machine but I would rather do a more graceful restart.

We have two admin accounts one named admin and one named appadmin, admin can login to Call Manager Admin, and appadmin was for a while able to login to the Disaster Recovery web page and CLI via ssh but lately neither is responding to my credentials he left me.  When we were able to login to the CLI and web gui, the Web browser would just hang on anything we clicked, and the CLI would just timeout and hang the SSH session.

I tried making a new account and that isn't working, I'm completely at a loss to what to do with this.

Could someone tell me what the best thing to do at this point is. I am a novice at CUCM and mainly do phone setups and user DN associations. My training docs on Call Manager was back with 6 so a lot of what I know is useless LOL.

If someone can point me to the right documentation I'm happy to do the reading but the guides I find don't really tell me anything about getting access configured for the DR service and they all talk about how to use it assuming you already have access and it's running properly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer :)

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, you can recover the password for OS administration.Once recovered, same password is used for DRS as well.

you can refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/60721/cucm-operating-system-administrator-password-recovery

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/8_6_1/cucos/osg_861_cm/iptpch2.html

regds,

aman

Awesome Thanks Aman! :)

DavidAvery
Level 1
Level 1

So after rebooting our machines, I found that I was able to login to disaster recovery with the username and password I had been given from the previous admin, but the problem doesn't appear to be the username and password but rather the service.

We had to reboot the servers again last night and today. Last night I was able to login immediately after the reboot of my Publisher node. But today when I rebooted the Subscriber I'm unable to login to either server's DRS web page.

I tried rebooting the Publisher again, but I still am unable to login to either node on the DRS or OS Admin pages.

I've tried restarting the DR service for both local and master on both systems, no effect.

Any other suggestions anyone might have? I need to verify that the backups are working and if not I need to be able to access the interface to initiate manual backups as my bosses want a nightly backup regardless of if I need to do it manually or not.

Again, Thanks in advance :)