Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.x how to know when an ip phone was register in CUCM

ciscoceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to know when an 6921 ip phone was registered for the last time un CUCM 9.2. Is there any log i can see it?

thanks

Anna.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anna.

Did you try my suggestion?

On remote monitoring tool you can search for unregistered devices through "Device Search"

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Good suggestions Carlo. 5 stars for the answer.

One slight correction on the verbiage on the CLI. It is 'show risdb query phone'. 

Very helpful tool for situations like these. I would suggest using Carlo's suggestion of going through RTMT and looking at the device search. You need not download any logs just search on phone. Do any status, then search on device name you are looking for. It will give you the last time there was a status change in the timestamp. And you don't have to convert anything like with the CLI command.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your best bet would be the app log and CUCM traces if they have enabled registration logs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime

which kind of traces could i get?

Thanks Anna.

Hello,

anyone knows in wich traces i can see the last day was registered in CUCM  an ip phone??

thanks Anna.

Hi Anna.

Did you try my suggestion?

On remote monitoring tool you can search for unregistered devices through "Device Search"

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Good suggestions Carlo. 5 stars for the answer.

One slight correction on the verbiage on the CLI. It is 'show risdb query phone'. 

Very helpful tool for situations like these. I would suggest using Carlo's suggestion of going through RTMT and looking at the device search. You need not download any logs just search on phone. Do any status, then search on device name you are looking for. It will give you the last time there was a status change in the timestamp. And you don't have to convert anything like with the CLI command.

Hi.

Thanks for the nice rating:)

Just to remind that risdb (the same that would show you the time stamp of registered unregistered phones in RTMT) is a temporary db and data is showed since the last boot.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Anna.

Give a try to CLI query to RISDB.

show rids query phone

It gives you the timestamp of last time the CUCM has seen phones from the last boot.

HTH

Regards

Carlo