Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM analog lines support

Hello everyone. i need to configure CUCM 8.6 with 60 analog lines. Is that possible to such a lot analog lines supported on CUCM? If possible, how can i add it on the server as a gateway. And how can i connect 60 analog lines to the voice gateway router. Please help on this case. Thanks

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure you can, you can add thousands.  When you say analog lines do you mean analog POTS line to telco or analog station lines such as fax, etc?

If the first then Cisco does not have high density FXO GWs/cards as that makes no sense in today's and quite frankly in the last 20 year's world as the cost of monthly fees for this many lines would make no sense (assuming these are at the same location).

If you are asking about analog station ports then Cisco has VG350 and VG24 supporting 144/24 ports respectively.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Dear Deren

I mean analog lines are Phone PSTN lines to Telco. So could you please explain me how can i connect 60 lines to the voice gateway router and config it on the CUCM. Thanks for your quick response

Sure, ideally you cancel them all and get a single SIP trunk.

If that is not an option and if all 60 locations are at a single location you will need to load up multiple gateways with FXO, EVM or both cards. You can contact your local Cisco GOLD partner for a free quote, but this is not going to be economical, neither is paying for 60 POTS lines every month :-(

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Dear Deren

They are using all the lines now. But in our country we cannot get a SIP trunk from the Telco. And all the users are in the same location (in same building). How about the configuration on the server. Could you please describe me, how can i configure all the lines on the CUCM. Thanks for your great support

If SIP is not an option, how about  a digital trunk such as PRI or E1-CAS?  As far as CUCM configuration for the analog GW it depends on what codec you choose, if you go with SIP or H323 between GW and CUCM then all you do is build one GW or trunk, if you go with MGCP then you define every port on CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Great follow through here buddy! +5 all day long

Cheers!

Huff

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty