cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUC 11.5 Forward All Issue

Andrew McCarty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I'm having an issue with call forward all to a cell phone using a PBX, CUCM 11.5, and CUC 11.5.  I'll try to explain it the best I can.  Please help.

Scenario

I call from a cell phone to a PSTN number which goes to a PBX AA.  From the AA, I dial 3001 and it routes to a CUCM through an ISDN trunk.  The DN 3001 is configured to forward all to voicemail (Unity).  In Unity, 3001 is set up as a system call handler (call tree).  In the call tree I input 1 and it transfers me to another DN (3002) on the CUCM.  That DN 3002 has forward all to a cell phone number that is different from the one I'm calling from.

My issue is when I go through the steps in the scenario, the call just remains silent and doesn't hang up.  If I call the DN 3001 from another DN on the CUCM, it correctly transfers to the cell phone number.  If I call the DN 3001 from a PBX DN, it gives me a busy dial tone.  If I call the DN 3002 directly from my cell phone or a PBX DN, it forwards correctly to the different cell phone number.

The issue seems to only happen when I call the DN 3001 from a phone outside of the CUCM.  Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Looks like its an issue with PBX configurations.

check if the PBX handles incoming calls properly. 

Response Signature

If the call stays silent and doesn't hang up, what happens if you wait 15 seconds? I wondering of the CSS of the SIP Trunk (or SCCP Ports) for your CUC integration may include another number that is overlapping with 3002. This would cause an outdial from CUC to hit a potential match where an internal extension dialing the same number directly would not. You can check this with the Route Plan Report by looking for all patterns that start with 3002.

Another thought is that your gateway is refusing to hairpin the voice path. Have you tried deploying Single Number Reach for the 3002 number rather than CfwdAll?

Also, does 3002 appear on a phone in addition to the CfwdAll?

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: