cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Caller ID Question

Laurel McDargh
Level 1
Level 1

One of our staff told me that when she calls from her Cisco 8945 phone to a cell phone number, the external person's phone shows: UNKNOWN or Restricted.

I have made Desk Phone-to-Cell Phone test calls from various cell phone models and here is what I learned:

Desk Phone to Android: telephone number displays

Desk Phone to Samsung Flip Phone: telephone number displays

Desk Phone to iPhone 5s: telephone number displays

Desk Phone to iPhone 6:  UNKOWN telephone number

I've noticed that there are some issues posted on the Internet from the year 2014 with regards to iPhones, but did not find a solution.

Is there a known cause for this? Or is there a setting in CUCM that I need to check that would allow the called party to see our phone number?

Thank you!! :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something I remember from about 1.5 years ago:

Please confirm if the caller id issue happens only for people with the Iphone 6 THAT USE AT&T. If the issue is with Iphone6 users, provide the steps below to the user. If the issue is not only with Iphone 6 users but also with other types of phones, then the issue is not the same and needs to be troubleshot to determine the cause and fix.

Users on PERSONAL wireless accounts

call 800-331-0500

Inform the representative this is in regard to HD Voice Caller ID issue with HD Voice device

Request to have SOC Code VOLTECID added and SOC Code VOLTE removed

I would still go with what Jaime suggested by debugging the gateway first:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/62906/how-properly-and-safely-collect-debugs-ios-router

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to start debugging your GW to see what info you're sending to your telco, and take it from there.

If you are the one sending the calling name/number as restricted, then it's on you to fix the issue.

If you are always sending the calling name/number, but the other end still sees restricted, then it's either the telco's doing, or something with the iPhone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime. I will start with the GW debugging tomorrow and will let you know how it turns out. 

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is something I remember from about 1.5 years ago:

Please confirm if the caller id issue happens only for people with the Iphone 6 THAT USE AT&T. If the issue is with Iphone6 users, provide the steps below to the user. If the issue is not only with Iphone 6 users but also with other types of phones, then the issue is not the same and needs to be troubleshot to determine the cause and fix.

Users on PERSONAL wireless accounts

call 800-331-0500

Inform the representative this is in regard to HD Voice Caller ID issue with HD Voice device

Request to have SOC Code VOLTECID added and SOC Code VOLTE removed

I would still go with what Jaime suggested by debugging the gateway first:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/62906/how-properly-and-safely-collect-debugs-ios-router

I contacted Verizon and learned that they automatically add VoLTE. He removed it from my phone, restarted the phone and did a test call. The number from my desk phone then displayed on my cell phone. So that was the answer. 

I consulted with my network administrator about debugging the Gateway and we decided to forego that at this time.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Laurel

You bet. Thank you for adding that this is also a thing with Verizon, thank you for marking the question as answered, and thank you for the rating.