cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, CUP and Skype for Business integration?

melozurdo78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

My customer wants to have the ability to make calls and receive both in Skype for Business and deskphones.

Since they have CUCM, CUP (I think they were using for Cisco Jabber capabilities but now Jabber is not longer in the company but Skype for Business)...is there any possibility to utilize those 3 things to have calls in both skype and deskphones (same extensions)?

They are running Cisco deskphones of course. Thanks.

Nacho

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to configure the integration between CUCM and S4B and on the CUCM side use SNR to ring their MS client.

Not sure if S4B has something similar to SNR

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

+5 Jaime

As mentioned above, S4B can be used in combine with SNR to achieve so. Now they need to be aware about things which won't work seemless in this integration:

- voicemail (voicemail status and message count won't be synced between skype and deskphone)

- shared DN (basically you S4B need to have different dialplan than CUCM, so you need to manage two dialplans)

- hold and resume (where you hold a call from one phone and resume it from other)

- line status sync between skype and deskphone

- you need to sync CUCM and Skype to same AD to have shared contacts

There might be more depend on their requirements but these are the common things which I saw during my quick PoC

Also S4B doesn't have SNR