cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM db explaination,what is db ids and imdb db functionality ?

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Everyone,

I have read following information cisco TAC presentation.Can you please explain me someone what is the function of CUCM IDS db and IDM db.
Which information store this databases.

Can you please give me some information.

I know that CUCM has  controlled this two db by using one DB interface ?  if i have mistake please correct me.

1-IDS: informix,

2-IMDB: Cache, call manager process works

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kemal,

Yes, IDS is the Informix databse. When a single UCM service is started, UCM makes a socket connection to the local IDS database using the DBL code layer.

UCM reads in the information from the relevant tables in the IDS database, including the Numplan table (numbering plan, with all the directory numbers, route patterns, partitions and calling search spaces configured by the customer) and the Device table (all configured devices such as phones, unity ports, gateways, trunks, mtp’s, transcoders, conference bridges, etc.)

This information is stored in mirrored tables in UCM ram. These tables are called the In-Memory Database, or IMDB for short.

Manish

Can you please explain me this question When i collect a logs one of yesterday i can not find sip messages there but i can see call information on the CDR.

I know cdr can be stored  a month. How long time stored sip call log on CUCM ?

Is there a call intensity related data ?

CDR and traces are two separate things. Check that the traces are set to detailed level under trace configuration. There is a default number of trace files that are stored on cucm, depending upon the call processing activity on the server it may get overwritten every day or last for months. Check the Cisco unified serviceability page of cucm.

HTH

Manish

Is there any documents available IDS and IMDB db explanation ?

I don't see any official Cisco doc with this info, you may check IBM documentation though as it is a general term for their product.

Manish