Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - delay in outgoing calls

louis0001
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we seem to have acquired a delay in outgoing calls. Internal 4 digit dialling etc is instant but all outgoing (prefixed with 9) calls take an age to connect.

I realise this may be down to an overlapping route pattern but I'm no expert in this. Our T302 setting is 15000 ms and I understand it might be best practice to reduce this down to 5000?

Our route patterns (UK) for outside are:

9.!

9.99 (with priority dialling) to emergency services

9.@ (with various route filters) to block certain calls eg mobile numbers etc

I'm struggling to see where the overlap is so any pointer would be appreciated.

Thank you,

louis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, it won't be routed, 9.! would also match that, and would still wait for further digits, if you want your calls to go immediately, you need to either remove that RP, or use ! as I mentioned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is you have 9.!, that basically is 9 plus any number of digits, you usually only use that for international calls, like 9.011! when you have no idea how many digits they will input.

You need to use more specific patterns to avoid this.

Read here to understand:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100_chapter_010000.html

HTH

java

I was leaning towards suspecting this. To test this, if I put another route pattern in that was more specific, would this take precedence?

eg if I had a mobile number 123456 and I put a route pattern in with 9.123456, would this pattern be routed before 9.! if I dialled 9 123456 or would it go straight to this as the pattern matches?

No, it won't be routed, 9.! would also match that, and would still wait for further digits, if you want your calls to go immediately, you need to either remove that RP, or use ! as I mentioned.

HTH

java

Thank you very much for your swift and straight to the point answer. I'll give it a try this weekend.