Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DRS Test

Hi,

I'm testing DRS incase of future failure.

Current:

1xPUB 10.x

2xSUB

2xIM&P

I have copied the virtual machine of Publisher only from one UCS to UCS test environment.

So far everything is working fine, the license are still installed.

once I try to use the DRS Backup files that were backed up from the Running Publisher  in the live network, CUCM doesn't not detect them when I use the restore option

but If I backup CUCM that running in the test enviroment it detects the "tar files". any try to restore if detects the "tar" files from the BACKUP CUCM Server only which is confusing since the Backup files from the live enivorement are in the same folder.

Anyone know why:

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

From the CUCM 10 DRS docs

When you perform a DRS restore to migrate data to a new server, you must assign the new server the identical IP address and hostname that the old server used. Additionally, if DNS was configured when the backup was taken, then the same DNS configuration must be present prior to performing a restore. For more information about replacing a server, refer to the Replacing a Single Server or Cluster for Cisco Unified Communications Manager guide.
Please rate all helpful posts.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the DRS admin guide

"Before you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the hostname, IP address, version, and deployment type of the restore matches the hostname, IP address, version, and deployment type of the backup file that you want to restore."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/8_5_1/drsag851.html

HTH

Manish

I have just copied the cucm publisher(pub-live) virtual machine and placed it in a tested environment(pub-dev).

Its essentially the same as the pub-live running in the company, the only difference is that the pub-dev was copied a few months ago.

I wanted to test if the pub-dev could access the recent drs backup "tar" files pub-live backup, but it couldn't not. Any reason.

And it has the same IP address, DNS, NTP settings, etc?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

All the settings are the same down to the ip address, its a copy of the pub-live.