Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Evaluation License

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Morning All,

We recently upgraded with our Cisco Partner to CUCM 11.5.  As part of the install they put us on Evaluation licenses which are valid for 60 days while they sorted out the permanent licenses with Cisco.  Either Cisco or our Partner (I can't decide which) is delaying this and we now only have 12 days left of our Evaluation period.

I understand that the system will not stop working but I was wondering to what extent will I be limited should the worse happen and the grace period expire?  It says that I can't provision users or devices.  Can I manage what we have already configured?  Change Line group membership or forward settings or Call Pickup Groups etc?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Thanks

Rob

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

Manish

View solution in original post

As per the below link only below service degradation will occur
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html
Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.
HTH
Regards
Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

Manish

As per the below link only below service degradation will occur
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html
Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.
HTH
Regards
Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle