Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/IMP Jabber - LDAP user & domain change

Jes80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We've got 700 users who will be migrating from one domain  abc.com to xyz.con . Both domains are visible to CUCM.

These users have Extn Mobility , Service profile , Unity , Jabber IMP, and  CCX agents , Jabber MRA expressway.

The users ID format will change as part of the migration from eg. JBloggs@abc.com to Joe.Bloggs@xyz.com

- What is the safest approach and steps to do this?

- What caveat or things we need to pay attention to ?

- What things that will break ?

- Do we need to worry on certificate on UCM ?

Thanks,

J

4 Replies 4

Assuming that you uses AD as the directory service. If so will the actual current user object be the same when in the new domain or would it be a new user? If it’s the latter you will get all new user in CM, that needs to be setup from scratch. If it is the same user then the user in CM would stay the same as it uses the unique identity of the user as the identifier of the user object, not user name. However I do think that for CCX you could get all new users as it uses the actual user name, it depends on what you use as the name object in CM for the synchronisation. If it is only the part before the @ it should stay the same.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks for input.

What I am doing is , changing : JBloggs@abc.com to Joe.Bloggs@xyz.com  ( user ID will become first name . last name , and new domain name in different AD)

Assuming that you used AD as the directory service. If so will the actual current user object be the same when in the new domain or would it be a new user?

• How do I check this?  In UCM LDAP directory , I am using : sAMAccountName

However I do think that for CCX you could get all new users as it uses the actual user name, it depends on what you use as the name object in CM for the synchronisation. If it is only the part before the @ it should stay the same.

• How do I check this one as well?  Before @?

Do I need to worry on “Organization Top Level Domain” and “Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name” in Enterprise parameter ? As I have Jabber desktop and Jabber MRA URI dialing.

Thanks,

J

Jes80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roger,

If I setup 2 LDAP Directory in UCM ( old and new domain ) , and then change LDAP authetication on UCM to new domain for testing, will I need to worry break anything?

tks,

J

You will get two separate users per user with that setup as the unique id per user would be different in each directory.

Response Signature