Helpful
Replies

Cucm license transfer

polsmurad31763
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

We have Cisco MCS 7800 with CUCM 7 installed

Can we transfer the license to a new Cucm installed on the ESXI server?

5 Replies 5

Cucm version 7 license can only be used on version 7.  Not in other versions.With perpetual license model there was migration part number but  Now everything is flex and there is no migrations part number.

Response Signature

we have the same version of cucm installed on esxi

i don't know how to transfer the license 

is there a file that can be exported from the old cucm or there is another way?

Open a licensing tac ticket and they will help you.

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Response Signature

@polsmurad31763 wrote:

is there a file that can be exported from the old cucm or there is another way?

I don't have anything that old in the lab, but from memory you can access the licence files from (I think) System / Licensing or something similar.  I have definitely in the past extracted licence files from 7.x and 8.x servers for Cisco licensing to rehost.

One of the problems that you will face is that 7.x was never supported virtualised, and the format for the licence ID changed for virtualised installs, using a virtual "licence mac" instead of the physical mac address.  So I don't know if it's even possible to create a valid licence file for 7.x virtualised.

One thing that you could try, consider it clutching at straws, is to manually edit the VM so the mac address matches that of your old servers.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suggest you discuss this with your SE, that version is very old, way past the EOS/EOL date, and it was NEVER supported on ESXi.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate