Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I'm installing CUCM on UCS server B200 I have already installed CUCM and i want to upload a  License which can be asked from cisco by PAK ,

• For CUCM License after entering PAK when i move to step 2 as per the attached what i have to input details there, In quantity ??? they are asking for the MAC ?? which MAC i should provide them virtual machine MAC of CUCM or UCS B200 ETH0 MAC , after that there is also a check box for if software will be loaded in virtualized platform, I am totally confused can anybody put some shade on the topic.
  • If I installed a LIC file on primary CUCM is it will be replicated to subscriber CUCM (secondary) also.

For UCSS-UCM-PAK:

which  MAC i have to provide them a virtual machine MAC or B200 eth0 MAC

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That would be the virtual MAC of the CUCM publisher. Do 'Show status' on the CLI to find it.

And you should tick 'virtualised' in this case, as you have a VMware installation.

Be aware that if you change system settings such as NTP, DNS, IP, hostname, etc the license MAC will regenerate so make sure you are happy with the system config before registering the license.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

dear

The fact of the matter is still that the "Software feature" license for your CUCM 8.x build is missing;there is no licenses

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about helping you with these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our new CUCM 8.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC (MAC of your node)

for the number of  DLU's and 2-nodes, but we did not receive the "Software feature" license. Can you please provide this license as we are currently running in Demo mode.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - xxxxxx

Legal Address- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

City,Country- Yahoo, Zip

Purchase Order Number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sales Order Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

please rate if this helpfll

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That would be the virtual MAC of the CUCM publisher. Do 'Show status' on the CLI to find it.

And you should tick 'virtualised' in this case, as you have a VMware installation.

Be aware that if you change system settings such as NTP, DNS, IP, hostname, etc the license MAC will regenerate so make sure you are happy with the system config before registering the license.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

for MAC address which is redquired for PAK , enter cisco call manger  ( afte that go cisco unified operating system administration) and show > network . This is the same , if you make SSH (remote acces ) show command .

Thank you

rate if this is helpful.

Hello ,

pls find a attached

FOR CUCM PAK

Just i generated a answer file and cisco gave me a License MAC to use on cisco.com/go/license , I'm still confused  i shld used license MAC or the show status of the VM MAC.

Just wanted to be more clear rather than calling a cisco licensing team and wasting my time and money after them.

FOR UCS PAK

With CUCM PAK i have  also got a UCSS-UCM-PAK in this procedure also they are asking for the MAC which MAC i shld provide?????, In my first mail  attachment there are 2 screen shot 1 for CUCM and anoher for UCSS-UCM-PAK

Kindly be informed , the license MAC  will be show status of B200 eth0 MAC .

Always use the thing called 'License MAC' !!!! It shows in a 'Show Status' cmd in ssh/cli.

Make sure all of your network and certificate parameters are fine, because these change the license Mac.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks Islam for ur reply,

so the final steps for the license i will approach as follows.

• Enter cisco call manger  ( after that go cisco unified operating system administration) and show > network
  • The MAC what will be seen shld  be used in cisco.com/go/license
  • insert the quantity as much displayed
  • Insert the MAC shown in show > network
  • Tick mark the VM platform > Next

I hope the above procedure what i will appraoch is correct according to your guidance.

If i approach a above procedure than why cisco documentation says to use a below procedure????

New licensing procedure customer impact

Cisco Unified Communications Manager on Virtualized Servers uses a different licensing model than Cisco

Unified Communications Manager on an MCS server. The MAC address of the NIC card is no longer used

to associate the license to the server.

Instead, the license gets associated to a license MAC, which is a 12 digit HEX value created by hashing the

following parameters that you configure on the server:

• Time zone

• NTP server 1 (or “none”)

• NIC speed (or “auto”)

• Hostname

• IP Address (or “dhcp”)

• IP Mask (or “dhcp”)

• Gateway Address (or “dhcp”)

• Primary DNS (or “dhcp”)

• SMTP server (or “none”)

• Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

The ways to obtain the license MAC are as follows:

• Before installation, use the Answer File Generator (http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html).

When you generate the answer file, you also get the license MAC.

Thanks

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry ,please find the below , because i just noticed that you have vitualization   

The license MAC is a number auto derived from a SHA function of the  installation parameters. It computes IP Address, Mask, Certificate Info,  Default GW, Timezone and NTP reference into the license MAC. This is  the new MAC used for licensing on vmware infraestructure.Please find the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_2/install/cmins802.html#wp584709

You can also check with below link about your requirement.

licensing@cisco.com  

Thank you

Please rate , if this helpful

Hello,

The License MAC from the answer generated file and from the Do 'Show status' on CUCM is same, I have downloaded the license file from cisco and i am facing this error CCM Node License feature  DEMO  and  Software license feature Demo

After applying the license i have asked to restart the CUCM manager services, i restarted the full server but still the same status

Please find the attached.      

please go back to Cisco document which includes the PAK (authorzation key) and share please only software description which indicates the number of licenses.

dear

The fact of the matter is still that the "Software feature" license for your CUCM 8.x build is missing;there is no licenses

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about helping you with these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our new CUCM 8.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC (MAC of your node)

for the number of  DLU's and 2-nodes, but we did not receive the "Software feature" license. Can you please provide this license as we are currently running in Demo mode.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - xxxxxx

Legal Address- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

City,Country- Yahoo, Zip

Purchase Order Number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sales Order Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

please rate if this helpfll

Hello,

I opened a TAC case with cisco licensing teamand they provided me with new proper license,

Thanks for Islam, Harrison,etamminga for taking theire precious time for replying my issues.