Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Publisher Down

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had CUCM 9.1 PUB and SUB. Now the Publisher is not working anymore due to hardware issue on the server. Now I need to install the Pub and join it to the subscriber. How do I do that any documentation will be helpful. I dont have backups.

1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

Have a look on this link

New Feature for Restoring the Database of a Publisher Node

When using the Disaster Recovery System to restore the publisher node of a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster, you can restore the publisher database using the database from one of the subscriber nodes.

If the backup file that you select for the restore process includes a CCMDB database component, a drop-down list box appears in the Restore wizard that allows you to choose the node from which to restore database data. When you use this option, Cisco Unified Communications Manager restores the publisher database from the database of the chosen subscriber node, and restores all nondatabase components from the backup file that was selected during the restore process.

If the backup file that you select does not include a database component, the drop-down list box does not appear.

This feature is intended for situations where you need to restore the user-facing features from the subscriber node and a backup file for the publisher exists. If no backup of the publisher node exists, this feature is not available

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_2/delta/delta862.html

regds,

aman