Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Publisher Migration

We are planning to migrate our CUCM Publisher from our main site to a new location; the new location already has a 1Gbps link to our main site.  We are running CUCM 8.6.2a and have a 5 node cluster with 2 subscribers in each location; all CUCM servers are visualized using UCS blades.  The main site and the new site use separate IP addressing subnets so the publisher IP address, default gateway and hostname will have to be change.  We do not necessarily have to change the hostname if this will reduce the risk.  All our CUCM servers are defined by IP address.

I have read the instructions for changing the IP address on a CUCM server and want to determine when the Publisher could be migrated to the UCS blade that in the new location.  Should this be a cold migration?  I want to do this migration in the most gracefully and risk free method as possible as 23 countries use our CUCM cluster.

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

I do not think this would be a cold migration since IP addresses/mask/GW would change and this can been done once the UCS has been moved to new site and reachability is there.

You need to generate fresh licenses. Also, do check the NTP reachability from new Site.

Also,database replication needs to be checked after the migration.

Prior to moving Publisher, do take backups.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

We could plan on changing the IP address and default gateway of the Publisher first that would be reachable from the main and new location.  Then if we could cold migrate the Publisher to the new location it will be on the new subnet with a default gateway on the LAN in the new location.  The NTP IP is reachable from both locations.  The instructions from Cisco for changing IP don't mention about generating new licences.

I would like to know how people have actual carried out this type of migration, what their experience has been during the actual process.

Hi Michael,

please refer the link for License MAC generation

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Licensing_Model_for_Virtualized_UC_Applications

You can refer the link and table 4-1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/8_6_1/cucos/osg_861_cm/iptpch4.html

Table 4-1 Ethernet Configuration Fields and Descriptions

Field
Description

DHCP

Indicates whether DHCP is Enabled or Disabled.

Hostname

Displays the host name of the server.

Note If you run Cisco Unified Communications Manager on a virtualized server and you change this value, you must obtain a replacement license file that is registered to the calculated license MAC based on the new value.

IP Address

Displays the IP address of the system.

Note If you run Cisco Unified Communications Manager on a virtualized server and you change this value, you must obtain a replacement license file that is registered to the calculated license MAC based on the new value.

Subnet Mask

Displays the IP subnet mask address.

Default Gateway

Shows the IP address of the network gateway.

regds,

aman