Helpful
Replies

CUCM Route Pattern

Harun_Daiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

Hope you guys' are doing well

I need a urgent help. I have created a route pattern for emergency number 999 but  its not working as I've doubt we are also using pattern number like 88XX or 99XX with predot

could you  help me with this?

I want to create a route pattern with direct dialing with any prefix to 999

we are using this

9.00!        International Dialing
9.1XX      Qatar short code dialing
9.1XXXX   Qatar short code dialing - 2
9.2XXXXXX Qatar MOI Numbers
9.4XXXXXXX Local Land Lines
9.[3567]XXXXXXX Local Mobile Numbers
9XX Qatar Emergency numbers

below you'll find the screenshot for the router pattern which I've created for emergency number.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As all your outgoing call are with prefix 9 and since you have a overlapping pattern you need to add a  route pattern 9.999 with urgent priority.

But again this will affect your RP 99XX, is a user dial 9999. when some one call 9999 this will always land on the RP emergency.

If you would like to use without prefix then there must be any overlapping route patterns.

Dialed number analysis will help you find the overlapping patterns. Make use of DNA

Response Signature

View solution in original post

What do you mean by that it doesn’t work? Do you mean that you’d need to wait for inter-digit timeout or does it really not work at all? If it’s the first you would want to set the route pattern as urgent priority. If it’s the latter have you checked that your gateway can handle the call?

Based on your question outline I understand that you want to route calls to 999, but your pattern is 9XX. As that would overlap with your other patterns that starts with 9 and then can be either 1 to 7 for the second digit you would not be able to set the pattern as urgent priority. What emergency numbers exists in Qatar? Are there any that has 1-7 as the second digit? If not you could change the pattern for emergency calls and set it to urgent priority.

Response Signature

Based on a quick search on Google it seems like the emergency numbers in Qatar might be 999, 991 and possibly 112, the latter is somewhat unclear. With this you should be able to change your route pattern from 9XX to 99[19] and make it urgent. If you do have other patterns than the once you listed in your original post that could overlap I would have the same recommendation as @Nithin Eluvathingal, use DNA to find those.

What type of gateway do you use, SIP or MGCP? I intentionally left H.323 out as that’s should be going out of use as Cisco has depreciated support for it.

Response Signature

4 Replies 4

As all your outgoing call are with prefix 9 and since you have a overlapping pattern you need to add a  route pattern 9.999 with urgent priority.

But again this will affect your RP 99XX, is a user dial 9999. when some one call 9999 this will always land on the RP emergency.

If you would like to use without prefix then there must be any overlapping route patterns.

Dialed number analysis will help you find the overlapping patterns. Make use of DNA

Response Signature

What do you mean by that it doesn’t work? Do you mean that you’d need to wait for inter-digit timeout or does it really not work at all? If it’s the first you would want to set the route pattern as urgent priority. If it’s the latter have you checked that your gateway can handle the call?

Based on your question outline I understand that you want to route calls to 999, but your pattern is 9XX. As that would overlap with your other patterns that starts with 9 and then can be either 1 to 7 for the second digit you would not be able to set the pattern as urgent priority. What emergency numbers exists in Qatar? Are there any that has 1-7 as the second digit? If not you could change the pattern for emergency calls and set it to urgent priority.

Response Signature

Based on a quick search on Google it seems like the emergency numbers in Qatar might be 999, 991 and possibly 112, the latter is somewhat unclear. With this you should be able to change your route pattern from 9XX to 99[19] and make it urgent. If you do have other patterns than the once you listed in your original post that could overlap I would have the same recommendation as @Nithin Eluvathingal, use DNA to find those.

What type of gateway do you use, SIP or MGCP? I intentionally left H.323 out as that’s should be going out of use as Cisco has depreciated support for it.

Response Signature

Harun_Daiya
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much guys, you helped me alot.

@Roger Kallberg @Nithin Eluvathingal