Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm security password problem

hi we have an admin and he fired from here . he had the security password of cucm and we don't have it

our cucm and cuc working well . we want to deploy MCP and CUP but we need security password

i go to cucm publisher and try to login with pwrecovery user but cucm told me please insert dvd/cd

I was shutting down the publisher . gave him an logical dvd drive with vsphere client . and put the cucm iso from data store

but.... when I login with pwrecovery it does not detect dvd drive .. please help me .. i have to reset security password

cucm 11.5
tnx

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So the pwrecovery has worked for me are you using a bootable image and not just the upgrade image?

On a side note I Have not actually tried it myself but the security password exist encyrpted in the platform.xml file. I have seen blogs of people saying that they have actually decrypted the security password from this file as it exists in the file encrypted. You might be able to find that information out there somewhere, It may be for lesser version of CUCM. 

But if you wanted to try here is the easiest way to pull the platform.xml

1.open cli of that node - utils create report platform

2. sftp to download the file from cucm directory - file get activelog platform/log/platformConfig-20170816041727.tar

3. extract the file and open platformconfig

It exist in the DRS but this is encrypted and can not be decrypted from DRS.

View solution in original post

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Use PCD to discover your Cluster.

Then use Filezilla or another program to SFTP to the PCD Server.

The PCD server, it will have the platformconfig.xml file from the discovered nodes.

Use the UCOS password decrypter to get the cluster secret.

https://www.adhdtech.com/uctools.html? 

You can use this to even recover the original OSAdministrator and Administrator Usernames and Password.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So the pwrecovery has worked for me are you using a bootable image and not just the upgrade image?

On a side note I Have not actually tried it myself but the security password exist encyrpted in the platform.xml file. I have seen blogs of people saying that they have actually decrypted the security password from this file as it exists in the file encrypted. You might be able to find that information out there somewhere, It may be for lesser version of CUCM. 

But if you wanted to try here is the easiest way to pull the platform.xml

1.open cli of that node - utils create report platform

2. sftp to download the file from cucm directory - file get activelog platform/log/platformConfig-20170816041727.tar

3. extract the file and open platformconfig

It exist in the DRS but this is encrypted and can not be decrypted from DRS.

tnx dude .... ❤❤❤❤

tnx dud .. I did what you told me and it's work for me ...

Here I explain the steps.. first of all you can download titan application to run sftp ... there is tutorial video in youtube.

then we create the report 

after that we upload the report on the titan ftp application 

and we can decrypt the password with the tool that you said before ...

tnx alot and really hope to be full of happines

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Use PCD to discover your Cluster.

Then use Filezilla or another program to SFTP to the PCD Server.

The PCD server, it will have the platformconfig.xml file from the discovered nodes.

Use the UCOS password decrypter to get the cluster secret.

https://www.adhdtech.com/uctools.html? 

You can use this to even recover the original OSAdministrator and Administrator Usernames and Password.

PCD or the way I described above will get you the platform.xml

dear dude ... what is PCD ..you whould you describe it more

plzzzz ❤❤❤❤❤

I install the pcd and create my cluster ..  I add my pubisher but how I can get platform.xlm file? this is my problem ...

Did you try the method I suggested?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: