iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hello ,

My customer want to register CUCM to smart account via proxy
with SSL Inspection not by pass .
Is it support ?
my CUCM version is 12.5
I can't find documentation with SSL Inspection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The concept should be the same. You'd have to import the proxy certificate(s) into the applicable trust store in the UC system. Likely it would be the Tomcat trust store. Having that said it's not recommended to include this traffic in the SSL inspection. It would be much better if you could get the customer to either exclude it from the inspection or use an on-prem SSM system and have the systems connect to it instead of each one communicating directly with the cloud SSM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what proxy you using - 

• Smart Licensing does not support HTTPS Proxy SSL certificate interception by default when using third-party proxies for the HTTPS Proxy method. To support this feature, you can either disable SSL interception on the Proxy, or manually import the certification sent from the Proxy.

below guide help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9500-series-switches/214484-cisco-smart-licensing-troubleshooting.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello, the link that you refer Catalyst not CUCM .

The concept should be the same. You'd have to import the proxy certificate(s) into the applicable trust store in the UC system. Likely it would be the Tomcat trust store. Having that said it's not recommended to include this traffic in the SSL inspection. It would be much better if you could get the customer to either exclude it from the inspection or use an on-prem SSM system and have the systems connect to it instead of each one communicating directly with the cloud SSM.

Response Signature