Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to iSDX via VG30D Call Marking

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this this scenario where I have a CUCM connected via a 2921 ISR to the PSTN and a Siemens iSDX as follows:

S0/0/0:15 H.323 PrimaryNet5 to CUCM

S0/1/0:15 MGCP QSIG link to VG30D and onto iSDX as DPNSS.

I have a catch all route pattern on the CUCM that passes calls from the PSTN up to the iSDX marked as offnet.

I have another catch all route pattern on the CUCM that passes all extension calls not matched on the CUCM to the iSDX marked as onnet.

I have proved that calls are being passed to the iSDX via the correct route patterns for both call types.

The problem I am having is that the Siemens Engineer is telling me that all calls are being received at the iSDX as *1 calls (in the DPNSS information elements) meaning they are being presented to the iSDX extension as an internal call. For calls directly from the PSTN they would expect a *3 marking.

I need to arrange with the customer to do a waireshark trace on the gateways G0\0 so I can catch all the information elements and see exactly what is going on but has anyone come across this before and have a solution?

This is causing two problems:

1 - Users on the iSDX cannot differentiate between internal and external calls and

2 - Users on a HiPath system that is piggy backed off the back of the iSDX via Siemens IP Trunks cannot transfer PSTN originating calls back to the iSDX or CUCM as the calling number of the PSTN originating call isnt a known node ID location (this has been tepmorarily worked around by disabling CLI on the route pattern). Calls from a CUCM call can be transferred back as the Siemens knows the node ID on the originating call.

0 Replies 0