cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Translated Numbers/CTI and CCX (script)

mattbelmore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding the following issue.

We have a Inbound number mapped to a Transform pattern that forwards to a CTI (virtual DN). This in-turn connects to CCX and runs a basic script.

The script asks the caller to enter 0,1 or 2. If '1' dial internally (Support), if '2' then dial internally (Sales).

Now, the user wants those options to forward both response off-net to outside numbers.

Using CUCM v7, and CCX v7. can i simply modify the script responses and enter forwarding numbers?

Or is it better to redirect to another CTI or DN that forwards off-net.

Apologies for the 'simple request for details' - but I'm new with CUCM v7 and CCX is completey new to me.

Not sure if this logic is correct, perhaps someone can correct?

Inbound number to translation-pattern - XXX.XXX.XXXX to 5512

Transform pattern to CTI # - 5512 to 5632

CCX script application runs - CCX# 5632

Listen for response - if 1 ?, if 2 ? (I have 5512 and 7373 listed in the script but I need to change these).

Appreciate any assistance...!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either approach will work, if you put in an external destination in the redirect step you will need to make sure the CSS applied to the CTI Ports can access the route pattern.

I personally like to send it to an internal either TP or CTI Port which will give you a little more control, easier if you need to change the forwarding destination and you can more easily control which GW the call will go out of.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either approach will work, if you put in an external destination in the redirect step you will need to make sure the CSS applied to the CTI Ports can access the route pattern.

I personally like to send it to an internal either TP or CTI Port which will give you a little more control, easier if you need to change the forwarding destination and you can more easily control which GW the call will go out of.

HTH,

Chris

Ok, that makes sense.

BTW if I make a change to the destination number in the script does it change immediately?

Or do I have to resync the CCX?

Thanks

I would never recommend hard coding the destination number in the script, if desired to control it on the UCCX side, use a variable for it and set it to be a parameter, this way you can simply change it from the Application level configuration as oppose to changing a script.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris