Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgradation 7.0 to 7.1

s3telbahrain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently we have MCS 7825 CUCM Version 7.0.1, we are planing to put one new MCS 7845 Server with version 7.1

If i want to change my publisher server as MCS 7845 Version 7.1  , what are the necessary things i have to make sure.

Regards,

Sunish

3 Replies 3

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sunish,

Here's one way to do it :

- Take a DRS backup from the current 7825 Pub

- Shut the system down (utils system shutdown)

- Build the new 7845 Pub to the exact 7.0.1 version as the old Pub. Use the same hostname, ip address, default gateway, NTP server if any, DNS server if any, security password, when building the new Pub

- DRS restore on the new Pub

- Upgrade new Pub to 7.1 (compatiblity matrix : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp112814)

- Build Subs (if any) to the new 7.1 version as the Pub

- Sriram

There aren't too many other ways to do that other than what is noted above.  Go that route.  DRS backup, build new server to exact rev, restore, upgrade, and move from there.  It's a time-consuming process but if you only have one server - which is sounds like, then it won't be too bad.

Speaking of architecture, is this a production setup where you only have one server?  If so, that garners some follow-up discussion as to best practice and etc.  If it's just a lab, no big deal.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

s3telbahrain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Currently we have two MCS 7825 I3 Servers, version 7.0.1, So we are planing to buy new MCS Server 7845, so i m not sure about the licensing part, how cam i can take back old license, to make my new server as publisher, because now cisco giving 7845 server with 7.1 Version. So i m getting confused about this part. Please help me on this part

Regards,

Sunish