Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM weird calls

Hi guys. There is user complaining about spontaneous calls made from her phone automatically, she didn't do that herself. Phone is 8845 with sip8845_65.11-7-1-17 version . CUCM is 11.5 version.  So far calls are internal . Calls happening not regularly in time so I cant run debug , and CUCM keeps call logs only for few hours and then overwrites them... 

Call recording is disabled for this phone and user. Any idea what is it how to fix it ?  Is it phone software glitch or some CUCM process ?  

thank you 

6 Replies 6

uspka
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check to see if they had a sticky key maybe or the headset cradle. Sometimes its the speaker button 

alexangelides
Level 1
Level 1

your office may be haunted...who you gunna call?...

on a serious note, is the user present at their desk when this has occurred? Are they a UCCX agent? Is there any chance they may have forwarded to a UCCX queue or LG and this is bouncing calls around?

Thanks

Alex

yes, user is presented at that time and was confused. we don't have uccx. We have CUC, I need to check if there is queue in CUC. 

Thank you 

Hi Bekzod,

As the traces are overwritten quickly, you could schedule trace collection in any SFTP location (using the procedure in the below link) to get hold of traces during the time of issue to check further.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/scheduled-trace-collection-in-rtmt-cucm-appliance-model/ta-p/3123692

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

Like Rajan suggested you'd wanna collect scheduled traces. I've come across a similar scenario where we tshooted for over a month and could see the call being dallied from the phone in the traces and console logs, scrapped for every possible bugs, cti control, third party control on the phone etc and finally setup a hidden camera directly over the phone and found that the "Ghost" was a bored employee making prank calls. A CCTV camera footage showing the phone at the time of teh incident might save a lot of your time.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

good advice but this calls happens when none is waiting them. If there would be possible to run trace on specific caller then this scheduled trace would be helpful. I remember was working with Softx3000 system from 2004till 2010 and that system had caller, called, caller and called, ss7, pri, sip, q931, h323 and other traces with cute grafic interface, very readable and intuitive . And u can schedule it and dont need external sftp or tftp, u can if u want. OMG this RTMT was developed 100 years ago and was not updated probably.