cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME feature requests?

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Some time ago, I started a discussion on here regarding CUCME and SSL VPN with 9971 phones. I could not find any documentation on this. Now that I have a valid smart-net contract I raised a TAC case to find that the feature is not included as of yet.

Now I wonder, how do I bring this to the attention of Cisco to try and have this feature introduced into the software image? Should I raise another TAC or is there a better way to achieve this.

For the record, I am a single person moving my way through the CCNP Voice certification track and I have purchased my router and smart net through the company I work for and their reseller. I do not have any other official communication channels with Cisco, and the two or three distributors here in England sometimes do not know what TAC is so I've kind of ruled out that route.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For feature requests you need to contact your local Cisco account team and work with them to get an official feature request in place. Don't count on getting this soon if that is not on the roadmap yet as it may take couple of years even if that consider it important due to software development cycle.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Tony

Also, to be honest as a single person your request really won't have much clout with Cisco. It would be usefult to a lot of users I'm sure, and chances are people are already asking for it... but it'll be the customers with 10s/100s/1000s of CMEs and phones that get Cisco's attention if any at all!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Even if you are not handling a lot of sites with the same requirement, and as Chris mentioned; you can expose this to your Cisco Account Manager for an Enhancement Request, eventually if enough requests are exposed, this feature could be integrated to the roadmap.  

I had a couple of similar cases before, and I always gave the same answer

I definitively would like to see the VPN feauture running on 99XX phones!

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks all.

- I don't have a Cisco account manager as I am a single user.

- The phones already support the VPN feature. It should be possible to enable it by modifying the xml configuration of the phone. (I did try but no joy. And CUCME keeps re-writing the config file over time).

Yeah - in general it would be nice to have more control over the XML on CME, the existing commands only allow mods to the product specific sections so things like phone personalisation which are supported by the phones can't be allowed!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

charles
Level 1
Level 1

I would use this as an opportunity to sell an 887VA utilising DMVPN and PoE. Problem solved.

How would that help us?

The above suggestion is for a hardware VPN solution for remote users that their phone can be connected to.