Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.0.2 VM Port Upgrade

twfredericks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All - Thanks for the help...

I purchased NME-CUE module for CME router and it came with 8 VM ports - I didnt' think that would be enough ports as there are about 150 phones registered to CUCME....so I purchased (4) SCUE-LIC-PORT-2= licenses with the understand that I would be able to download the correct license package and install additional VM ports.

The problem is that on Cisco's Software Download page, I am unable to find CUE 8.0.2 license packages. I have searched everywhere (including google searches) and have had ZERO luck. I really need to upgrade the VM port count and my timeline for doing this is shrinking VERY fast.

Any insight or direction on this would be greatly apprcieated. Thanks!!

Tom

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

With the release of CUE 7.1(x) the licensing model changed and these

licenses are not available via the "old" download method

Obtaining New or Additional Licenses

There are two methods of obtaining CSL migration licenses:

Required Information

Using the Licensing Portal to Obtain Licenses for Additional Features or Applications

Using the Cisco License Manager to Obtain Licenses for Additional Features or Applications

Required Information

To obtain new or additional CSL licenses you need to have the following information:

The SKU for the features that you need.

This is the informatory that you determined in the "Selecting which Features You Want" section.

The Product ID (PID)

The Serial Number (SN) from the device.

Using the Licensing Portal to Obtain Licenses for Additional Features or Applications

Note You must have a Cisco.com password to access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these steps to obtain additional licenses for Cisco Unity Express 7.1or later features:

Step 1 Go to www.cisco.com/go/ordering and choose one of the ordering processes (via partner, Cisco direct, etc.) to order licenses. The SKU is used in the ordering process to specify the desired licenses for the Cisco Unity Express features that you want. When you purchase a license, you will receive a product activation key (PAK), which is an alphanumeric string that represents the purchase.

Step 2 To get your license file, return to the Cisco Product License Registration Portal at www.cisco.com/go/license and enter the appropriate information.

You must enter the PAK and the unique device identifier (UDI) of the device where the license will be installed. The UDI is printed on a label located on the back of most Cisco hardware devices or on a label tray visible on the front panel of field-replaceable motherboards. The UDI can also be viewed via software using the show license udi command in privileged Exec mode. The UDI has two main components: the product ID (PID) and the serial number (SN).

Step 3 Download the license file or receive the license file by e-mail.

Step 4 Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device you want to obtain a license.

Step 5 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or TFTP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1101645

Cheers!

Rob

Well that stinks - I used the Cisco Configuration Tool to construct my bill of materials and purchasing this type of licensing was listed as a valid option.

Having said that, my customer has already purchased these 4 licenses (I don't understand how the approved Cisco vendor would allow me to purchase CUE 8.0.2 and this type of licensing if it wasn't valid) - and they were charged for them accordingly, is there nothing we can do to get a PAK without creating another order?

Tom

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

Yes, this stinks, but it's not the end of the road. Just contact the

reseller to find out where the PAK's got to. It's quite possible they already have them

and just forgot to forward them along to you if not, just ask them to get the PAK's

generated for you. The turn-around should not be that long.

Cheers!

Rob