Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 9.1

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Is it CUP 9.1 can be installed seperately on dedicated VM, Uptill now i have read that CUP 9.1 is been integrated with CUCM 9.1 but when i download the CUCM 9.1 by product upgrade tool i saw a 9.1 CUP bootable installtion CD.

Find the attached screenshot for CUP 9.1.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it has not been integrated, its just the configuration that has moved to CUCM. You still need to install and integrate IM&P on a separate server/VM, and its not called CUPS on version 9.X

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Clark,

The IMP 9.x server no longer requires a separate license, it works off of the CUCM license.  So as long as your CUCM server is properly licensed, you should not have to worry about a license or PAK for IMP 9.1.

Here are the OVA templates:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510549&flowid=37582&softwareid=283757588&release=9.x&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it has not been integrated, its just the configuration that has moved to CUCM. You still need to install and integrate IM&P on a separate server/VM, and its not called CUPS on version 9.X

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime for your reply.

i have 2 more questions:

So from your mail i conclude that CUPS 9.1 should be installed on dedicated server/vm and its PAK should be asked by cisco team if the end user has done a fresh installation of CUPS 9.1 if the software has been provided by UCSS.

I have upgraded  CUCM from 8.6 to 9.1 because we were having UCSS after upgrading now the system is showing me that it is running in demo license, Should i ask for license to cisco licensing team.???

Thanks

If you had already licenses installed on 8.6, use ELM to migrate them.

If not, either buy them, or have licensing change old licenses you didn't install to 9.X licenses.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

Our company ordered a CUPS 8.6 with PAK, i have not installed CUPS 8.6 because it is not software compatible with CUCM 9.1, Recently i upgraded CUCM from 8.6 to 9.1 by product upgrade tool. In Poduct upgrade tool i have also got CUPS 9.1 as shown in the previous attachment, If i install a CUPS 9.1  which was provided by product upgrade tool is it cisco will issue a licence for CUPS 9.1.

I wanna install CUPS on VM, canu link me to the OVA template for CUPS 9.1

Thanks for ur reply

Clark,

The IMP 9.x server no longer requires a separate license, it works off of the CUCM license.  So as long as your CUCM server is properly licensed, you should not have to worry about a license or PAK for IMP 9.1.

Here are the OVA templates:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510549&flowid=37582&softwareid=283757588&release=9.x&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to cisco downloads and you can get the OVA template there, or go to the virtualization wiki and get it from there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

HTH

java

Thanks everybody who took time to reply my queries,