Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC fails to log on to CUPS

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

Home lab to train and learn

CUCM 9, CUPS 9 integrated.  No active directory, no LDAP.

CUPS -> System -> CUCM Publisher shows all green

CUPS -> Diagnostics -> System Troubleshooter shows green (except for features not currently activated, ie calendaring and inter-cluster, external database, 3rd party compliance server, 3rd party LDAP)

I have confirmed that the users have sync'd and migrated to the CUPS.  They are showing as licensed.

I have checked and restarted the XCP router service and the XCP Connection Manager and XCP Authentication services.

I continually get the "Login Failed" message.

I am using a Windows 7 laptop.  I removed the laptop from the domain that it was configured into and its now in Workgroup.

I added CUPS, CUPS9, CM_CUCM9 all into the hosts file

I am entering the CUPS IP address into the login window when trying to log in.

Any ideas?

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this happen when DNS is in correct or your PC is unable to resolve the FQDN of the Presence server - just the hostname isn't enough. Even though you are specifying the IP address, your PC must still be able to resolve the FQDN of the CUP server. One quick way to test is to add the FQDN of CUP to your Windows hosts file. Then open a CMD prompt and ping the FQDN of CUPS - it should resolve to the IP address and ping successfully. That should help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this happen when DNS is in correct or your PC is unable to resolve the FQDN of the Presence server - just the hostname isn't enough. Even though you are specifying the IP address, your PC must still be able to resolve the FQDN of the CUP server. One quick way to test is to add the FQDN of CUP to your Windows hosts file. Then open a CMD prompt and ping the FQDN of CUPS - it should resolve to the IP address and ping successfully. That should help.

Jared -

Even though I had already configured the hosts file (see my original posting), your comments made me go back and check to see if perhaps I had mistyped.  What I discovered was that when I modified the hosts file, I inadvertantly saved it as a text file.  I deleted that text file and recreated the host file as a plain system file and then I was able to log in.  Thanks for making me to a second look at it

Jeff