cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS and Unity Connection

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I`ve got CUPS and Unity Connection working- watch  out for a gotcha for me at least,If you add users into CUC via the synch option on the Connection page. In our set up the Alias in CUC is the first and Last name, when you set up the account in CUPS Client I naturally entered the log in that  I normally enter to listen to my VM`s via the keypad- Extension Number followed by PIN. Not the  case with CUPS,  it has to be the Alias.

Question

If I make a call via the Client and I have Desktop phone control, my desk phone goes off hook and speech is via the Phone. If I listen to CUC voice mails  via client i.e I click on the recent call - voice mail. The call is via the client and headset not via the phone- Is this correct, can I force it via the phone?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If I make a call via the Client and I have Desktop phone control, my 
desk phone goes off hook and speech is via the Phone. If I listen to CUC
 voice mails  via client i.e I click on the recent call - voice mail. 
The call is via the client and headset not via the phone- Is this 
correct, can I force it via the phone? 

This is correct. CUPC establishes an IMAP connection to Unity Connections. If you open the voicemail from within CUPC, it will play the file locally on the PC. You can call the Unity voicemail pilot while in Deskphone Control if you want the audio path to traverse through the phone.