Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom IP Phone background - Can't upload List.xml

fitzgerald.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a little help here. I'm trying to set our company logo as a Custom Background option for our Cisco IP phones (7962G). However I'm running into a strange issue. I'm able to upload the PNG files, however when I attempt to upload the "List.xml" file I get the error

"The file /common/log/taos-log-a/cm/tftpdata//Desktops/320x196x4//List.xml could not be uploaded." (screenshot attached)

I've read every guide I could find and I can't find anyone else having this problem.

We're running:

Cisco UCS server runing VMWare ESXi 4

CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2

Phone Type: Cisco IP Phone 7962G

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the fact the rest of the files upload correctly I'd think the file is corrupt or has some invalid characters in it that cause this error. If you did a copy paste from the phone admin guide I'd suggest you to copy manually the content of the List.xml and try using another program than the one you used (notepadd++, wordpad, etc)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the fact the rest of the files upload correctly I'd think the file is corrupt or has some invalid characters in it that cause this error. If you did a copy paste from the phone admin guide I'd suggest you to copy manually the content of the List.xml and try using another program than the one you used (notepadd++, wordpad, etc)

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would agree with Java export the file and open it with a text editor and see if there are any special characters.

Regards

Niket

If you're using the same path and uploads work the above statements are problably true.  You might want to try using this path based on the output error message with the extra slashes, Desktops/320x196x4 (no leading or trailing "/").

alfredos
Level 1
Level 1

Permissions problem?

fitzgerald.d
Level 1
Level 1

Actaully it ended up being a much easier fix than i would have thought. Turns out it doesn't like the List.xml file to have any capital letters in it. I changed it to list.xml and it worked fine.

Thanks guys

It's really helped for me as well. In my case it was opposite. My file name was in all small letter and it was giving the same error. So I just changed my file name first letter in Capital and remaining letters in small and it's worked. 

Ex. Earlier file name was list.xml and was giving error. So Changed the file name as List.xml and worked !!!

Hi Everyone,

Just in case, if you wish to automate the process of the Cisco IP Phone Background image, we have a solution and you can refer the same in this link: https://www.commsouth.com/newsDetails.php?id=45.

Regards,

Prasana Kumar.P

Regards,
Prasana Kumar.P
CommSouth,
Head - Business Solution
+91-9841027006