Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL for VG224 or 112-FXS Bundle

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just need to check which type of licenses do i need to select in the CUWL for the subjected models?

I was thinking that the analog phones will be connected above gateways and i will conencting the gateway to the CUCM via H.323.Do i really need license for the devices?

Or there is a better way of connecting devices? like SCCP possible?

Can i register the analog extensions individually in the CUCM so that they can have unified biliing? with H.323 it wont be possible?

i am just confused

Detailed reply will be appreciated.

Nouman

3 Replies 3

jackylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nouman,

There is no license need for analog devices. It doesn't really match whether you have configured H323, MGCP or SCCP controll.

You can register the analog extensions /ports individually in CUCM, e.g. you can configure a extension/port with SCCP, while the other has configured as MGCP or h323 control.

If you are considering unified billng, I suspect information will pull out from CUCM e.g CDR, then it wold be much better to register analog extensions with SCCP.

Regards,

Jacky

Can you please confirm that VG224 or VG204 do not need any CUWL addon licences on an existing CUCM cluster?

I mean do I need to quote for 1 VG224, 24 L-ANLG-DEV-UWL  Analog, non-app device add-on for UWL and 24

L-UCSS-ANLG-3-1  UCSS for UCM analog user for three Year - 1 users?

Sure you need UWL licenses for analog devices, they may not necessarily be tracked in CUCM, but you are still obligated to purchase analog UWL license for each analog port to be used, no matter what protocol you are using, this comes straight from the Cisco BU.

HTH,

Chris