Views
Helpful
Replies

CXN 8.6.2 LDAP Integrated gives Import User error

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I select Import user, find my user in LDAP, and get the following Error file;

Friday, September 14, 2012 11:08:37 AM MDT ERROR importing user (jaarons) with extension = 4613 : The specified column value is invalid.

What is the specified column value that is error?

Version is 8.6.2.20000-76

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you importing using csv file or from the Import from LDAP menu?

If the second does the user have DN defined? If so what is it?

Chris

old thread but we saw the same error so hope this helps others.  removing "period" and/or "space" from lastName field in LDAP resolved it for us.

Arch

I know this is an old unanswered thread. For what it's worth i got the same exact error running CUCM 10.5.2 and CUC 10.5.2 without LDAP integration. What I did to resolve the issue was I deleted the end user account in CUCM and then recreated the account. When I went to import the end user in CUC in worked fine so I'm not sure what caused the error the first time I tried this. I imported 3 users and only 1 failed with that odd error message. The specified column value is invalid. I sure hope this helps some one out there? I know LDAP is different in that you sync the end user from LDAP. So perhaps you can disable the account or remove it from the OU, resync the account so it gets removed from the database and put the end user back into the OU and resync with LDAP and see if that works for those of you who have an LDAP integrated system. Good luck

I have got exactly the same error type - with the difference:

-  Unity Connection 8.6.2.22900-9 (=8.6(2a)SU2)

- import user through AXL via the Unity Connection admin pages.

On the other hand, 'create Unity mailbox' from the UCM directory user page does not pose any issue (so AXL connectivity seems not to be the issue). This user has a  'primary extension'.

Anybody that can pinpoint the root cause?

Thanks,

Juan

s.angelmahr
Level 1
Level 1

Anything new? Getting this in

Unity Connection 8.5.1ES47.12900-47

Other users where imported without problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: