Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DEFAULT PERIOD FOR CDR IN CUCM

Hi

What is the defaut period for CUCM that keep the cdrs available

How i can increase the period before the cucm overwrite the old cdrs.I mean can i change the default value and increase the period for one year or more?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The watermark is 180 days, however, the size of the CAR DB is fixed and cannot grow above a certain limit.

If you need to keep info for that long, what you really need, is to configure a separate SFTP server to hold the CDR records and not use CUCM as a storage system.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The watermark is 180 days, however, the size of the CAR DB is fixed and cannot grow above a certain limit.

If you need to keep info for that long, what you really need, is to configure a separate SFTP server to hold the CDR records and not use CUCM as a storage system.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

So if you dont have configured an sftp server to hold the cdrs then for period more than 6 months the cdrs have gone right?

So in general the only solution for cdrs with period more than 6 months is to send the cdrs in an sftp server

SFTP server:

I know freeftpd but its not working very well(everytime that we restart the server, the sftp stay offline.,But is installed as a service)

Does cisco recommend something else?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""